Some of our favorite problems to solve are itchy skin and chronically infected ears. Our patients are always happy to have these irritating problems solved or managed. Many chronic skin and ear problems are due to underlying allergic conditions. We maintain the capacity to fully address these allergic problems by:
1. Diagnosing the type of allergy with advanced blood testing.
2. Treating the allergies with specially formulated allergy injections.
3. Controlling the itch and secondary complications with appropriate medical therapy.
4. Prescribing APOQUEL (R) the new, very effective allergy medication for dogs, which avoids most of the side effects of corticosteroids, such as prednisone.
5. Recommending and discussing the most effective allergy diets available.
In face, a large portion of our practice involves skin problems in dogs and cats. We maintain the ability to perform skin fungal cultures, skin parasite testing, and allergy testing. We have a complete line of hypoallergenic diets for our food allergy patients with skin issues. If you suspect your pet has skin issues, please contact us today! 802-295-6900.