Here is how we handle information about your visit to our website:
If you do nothing during your visit but browse through the Website, read pages, or download information, we will gather and store certain information about your visit automatically. Your Web browser software transmits most of this information to us. This information does not identify you personally.
We automatically collect and store only the following information about your visit:
- The numeric IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web) from which you access our site. Our software can then map these IP addresses into Internet domain names, for example, “xcompany.com” if you use a private Internet access account, or “yourschool.edu” if you connect from a university’s domain.
- The type of browser and operating system used to access Veremedy.com Website.
- The date and time you access Veremedy.com.
- The pages you visit, including graphics loaded from each page and other documents you download, such as PDF (Portable Document Format) files and word processing documents.
- If you linked to Veremedy from another Web site, the address of that Web site. Your Web browser software transmits this information to us.
We use this information to help us make our site more useful to visitors — to learn about the number of visitors to our site and the types of technology our visitors use. We do not track or record information about individuals and their visits.
Email and Online Forms
If you choose to identify yourself by sending us an email or by using our online forms – as when you fill in an online request for a prescription refill, or by filling out some other form with your personal information and submitting it to us through our website – we use that information to respond to your message and to help us get you the information you have requested.
- Veremedy.com does not collect information for commercial marketing. We will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to anyone.
In addition to email, Veremedy.com and Veremedy Pet Hospitals may ask for your personal information in order to provide veterinary information and services to your pets. Examples include:
- Requests for site feedback, surveys, and contests.
- When paying by credit card (to verify the card we ask for the cardholder’s name and address in addition to account number and card expiration date).
- When performing a transaction using a premium service; we will log the user’s login name for billing purposes or for other purposes required by law.
- In addition, as Veremedy.com grows, we may offer services such as a business or consumer websites or customization features, and will likely ask for your e-mail and other information.
All of these activities are purely voluntary. You will always have the option of whether to provide this information. Please understand, however, that in order to provide veterinary services, you will be required to provide some personal information. Whether to perform the transaction is up to you.
Veremedy.com will send personally identifiable information about you to other companies, agencies, or people when:
- We have your consent to share the information;
- We need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested. For example, we use a third party billing company, and we send information for billing purposes only;
- We need to send the information to companies who work on behalf of Veremedy.com to provide a product or service to you. (Unless we tell you differently, these companies do not have any right to use the personally identifiable information we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us);
- We are required to do so by law, subpoena, court order or legal process; or
Links to Other Sites
We take very seriously the integrity of the information and systems that we maintain. As such, we have instituted security measures for all information systems under our control so that information will not be lost, misused or altered.
For site security purposes and to ensure that our Internet services remain available to all users, we employ software programs to monitor traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information or otherwise cause damage. In the event of authorized law enforcement investigations and pursuant to any required legal process, information from these sources may be used to help identify an individual.
All credit card information is immediately encrypted upon receipt and authenticated through secure 128-bit SSL communications channels.
Kids’ Page Safety and Privacy
Veremedy.com is not directed to children under 13, and does not knowingly collect personal information from children. For more information about children’s privacy generally, please see the Federal Trade Commission’s Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
We hope parents and teachers are involved in children’s Internet explorations. It is particularly important for parents to guide their children when children are asked to provide personal information online.
Veremedy.com does not sell products or services for purchase by children. If you are under 18, we specifically ask children to get their parents’ permission before providing any information on line – at our site or any other site – and hope parents will always be involved in those decisions. Most importantly, in the event children do provide information through the Veremedy.com Website, it is only used to enable us to respond to the writer, and not to create profiles of children
The owners of Veremedy.com and Veremedy Pet Hospitals, LLC have approved this policy. Veremedy.com may revise this policy from time to time. If we make any substantial changes we will notify you by posting a prominent announcement on our pages. This is a statement of policy and should not be interpreted as a contract of any kind.