CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
We keep growing, and we need great people to join our team. As of April of 2021 we are actively looking to fill the positions noted below. IN TRUTH, WE COULD LIKELY HIRE TWO OF EVERY POSITION LISTED BELOW! No, really, we know this seems like a lot of positions, but we are growing, and we need help keeping up with the work. If you have any of the skills listed below, or have ever thought about working in the veterinary field, this is a great time to investigate our job openings! Thanks for looking!
For all of the positions, we are looking for highly motivated, friendly, responsible, positive-attitude team players who are eager to learn, and who genuinely enjoy working with animals, pet owners, and coworkers. We are a supportive team who truly care about each other. We are a paperless practice, so everyone on the team needs to have excellent computer skills. Competitive pay and benefits package provided. Please email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you smart, articulate, and looking to join a team of like-minded doctors? Do you enjoy practicing evidence-based, truthful medicine, supported by an experienced team of support staff, including a large proportion of skilled licensed veterinary nurses? Performing surgery and dentistry in well-appointed surgical and dental suites? Enjoy the variety and variability working between two facilities can offer? If so, then look no further! Full or part-time positions available. We work hard and have busy days, but like to have fun. No on-call duty, and minimal, shared Saturday coverage. Ready access to referral and traveling specialists. We give back to the community, such as providing veterinary care to one of the local humane societies, as well as many rescue organizations.
- Experienced veterinarians preferred, but new graduates definitely considered
- Surgical and Dental Surgery skills a plus
- Good client communication skills and evidence-based approach are a must
We have an immediate need for stellar front office team players. If you can juggle three phone lines, two computer tasks, and engage three anxious pet owners with a smile all at the same time, we would love to have you send a cover letter and resume to hear from you!
- Quick learner, with a tendency to learn new software easily
- Handle multiple phone lines at one time
- Engage pet owners in conversation and gather critical information from them at the front desk
- Move electronic data from websites, emails and faxes seamlessly to and from our electronic medical record system
- Help people and pets feel comfortable in our waiting area
- Prior veterinary hospital experience may be helpful, but is not required
We are looking for a positive, enthusiastic veterinary nurse to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a love of people, animals, and medicine. Experience preferred but new graduates of veterinary nursing programs welcome. It will be helpful if the applicant is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. In short, if you like to have fun, can work hard, and can do the things on the list below, we want to meet you!
- Working knowledge of preventative health care protocols for dogs and cats
- Laboratory skills including the ability to perform manual differentials on blood, microscopic analysis of urine, and standard fecal tests
- Confidence in the dental suite with the ability to perform a dental prophy, take dental radiographs, and educate pet owners on dental care
- Anesthesia induction and monitoring skills should include IV catheter placement, induction of anesthesia under veterinary supervision, and intubation. Must also be comfortable with connecting standard anesthesia monitors and taking intra-operative blood pressures
- Radiology skills include an understanding of proper exposure and positioning techniques coupled with an excellent knowledge of safe radiation use.
If you love animals, people, and being helpful, and if you have skills caring for or working with small animals, we have a position for you! Experience preferred but not required, as we will train you to assist the veterinarians and veterinary nurses. Applicants should have good communication skills, have a positive and supportive attitude, be able to follow directions from others, and have a good foundation in computer skills as our practice is completely paperless. Please apply if you’d like to join our team and have fun learning new skills and working hard to support a talented team of veterinary professionals!