A SAMPLING OF SURGICAL PROCEDURES PERFORMED AT VEREMEDY
- Orthopedic surgery such as fracture repair with IM pinning, or cruciate ligament repair surgery.
- Abdominal surgery including the intestinal surgeries gastrotomy, gastric dilatation and volvulus surgery, partial gastrectomy, pyloromyotomy, intestinal resections and anastamosis, and subtotal colectomy. Liver surgery including gall bladder resection, bile duct repair, and liver biopsy. Splenic and pancreatic surgery including resections and biopsy. Bladder surgeries such as stone removals and cancer resections.
- Eye surgery including the repair of entropion, ectropion, and cherry eye; corneal ulceration or perforation surgery, and the excision of cancer from the eye.
- Open chest surgery including the repair of diaphragmatic hernias and lung lobe resections.
- Ear surgery including lateral ear resections, total ear canal ablations (TECA), polyp extractions, and deep flushing of the bulla.
- Skin surgery including the removal of a wide variety of cancers, and the performance of various plasty procedures that are designed to treat medical conditions.
- We do not perform routine cosmetic surgery such as the removal of tails or dewclaws, or the cropping of ears.
It is also important to note that our surgeons know when it is best not to perform a surgery, and instead refer a case to a specialist. If advanced surgical intervention is warranted, we have several options for referral of complicated surgical procedures.